Photo Book Company w/Software that Works

Comments

4 comments

al escudero

Sorry you're encountering troubles Terri. The software works well, I use it daily, but there is a bit of a learning curve. If you're encountering specific issues, please list them and I'll either point you to the help files that explain how to do that, or show you myself. Pixpublisher is remarkably powerful, flexible and easy to use, once you get the hang of it - but the power and flexibility comes at the cost of many options to figure out.

Regards,
    AL

Douglas L'Hommedieu

Hi Terri,

I've made 35+ books with MyPublisher (now defunct), four with Shutterfly, one with Picaboo, and now one with Adoramapix.  There are a number of similarities between the companies' software as well as some major differences.  I'm actually looking for a company to settle on for the forseeable future since MyPublisher just went away a couple of weeks ago.  I'm anxious to compare end quality between the companies.  But to your question, I'd pick one and give it a good solid try before you go to another.  You could do what I'm doing...  make a small book and then have it printed to see the quality.  Adoramapix also has a method to have the software make a book for you - something that may interest you.  By the way, although I haven't yet seen the end quality, Adoramapix gets some pretty good reviews for photo quality in their books.

Also to your question, when I started with the Adoramapix software, I was able to find a number of options by just trying some, but then I also couldn't find some others.  I'm still looking for some answers and may post some questions here.  One thing that I'm looking for is a tutorial, but haven't found it yet.

Regards,

Doug (a user)

Mary Ulsamer

I have made many books with Adoramapix and the workmanship, quality and materials are second to none. After using Apple, Shutterfly, MyPublisher, Blurb and maybe a couple others, I was thrilled to find Adoramapix. I even remade a few of my old books with them when they had a big summer sale a few years ago. The older version of the software was quirky, especially for us Mac people, but it got the job done. The new version has me baffled. I just came back to finish a book that was supposedly "saved" to find half of it gone. This never happened before. I don't know what their problem is. Online help documentation is awful. I'm afraid I'm going to have to move on but there is no quality out there to compare with Adoramapix. If there is, someone please let me know!

Donna Pennington

Mary Ulsamer, I am afraid I am experiencing the same thing. I thought it was just me, as I am a novice too. But a novice who knows all the lingo too, since I worked in marketing and communications. I know what fonts are, I know when a photo is running into the gutter, etc., but I still am having a really hard time with the directions. It shouldn't be this hard. I am a PC person first, but like working the Mac and have learned a great deal. I simply want to know how to save my gallery for certain so that I don't lose half of it as you did. Then I have other questions, too numerous to mention. Guess I will have to get the hang of it. This company does wonderful printing from what I understand and I love the lay-flat option. But I can't make most of the book do what I want it to do. I have been working on it for MONTHS. Thanks to you for your kind information. DP

Please sign in to leave a comment.