To add a text caption to one of your photo books simply click on the gray tab marked “Text” to the left of the work space. Doing so will open a panel with a text object that looks like a square of paper with a T on it (See below). Click and drag the text object onto your photo book.
Once you have dragged a text object onto your photo book it will expand into a text placeholder (See below). The default text in a standard text box is “add text here (double click)”. If you double-click inside that box, it will allow you to replace the default text with whatever text you wish. Just start typing!
As soon as you add the text placeholder to your book, a toolbar will appear next to it that looks something like the one below. This toolbar will contain the most common functions needed for editing text.
The controls on the toolbar (shown above) from left to right are as follows:
- Toolbar pin: The small pin icon on the upper left corner of the toolbar can be clicked to pin the toolbar at its current location. Simply drag the toolbar to where you want it to stay and click the pin. If you want to unpin it, click the icon again.
- Font: A pull-down list of available fonts.
- Font Size: A pull-down list of available sizes for the selected font.
- Font Color: The square shows the current font color. Click on it to open the color selection tool.
- Style: The next three icons (Bold, Italics and underline) allow you to change the style of the text. More than one of these can be applied simultaneously.. NOTE: If no text is selected the entire placeholder will have the style change applied to it. If a portion of the text in the placeholder is selected, the change will only be applied to that portion.
- Alignment: The next four icons will, in order, align the text to the left, center, right, or justify it to both sides.
- Copy to All: Clicking this icon will apply the current settings of the selected text placeholder to ALL text placeholders in the book.
- Rotate: Clicking this icon will rotate the text placeholder by 90 degrees to the right. NOTE: This is the default position of text on the spine of the book.
- Back: Moves the selected object to the bottom-most layer. i.e. moves it below/behind all other objects on the page.
- Backward: Moves the selected object down by one layer.
- Forward: Moves the selected object up by one layer.
- To Top: Moves the selected object to the topmost layer. i.e. moves it above/ahead-of all other objects on the page.
- Delete: Removes the text placeholder from the book.