Tend your crops
When placing a print order, you’ll be asked to review the cropping of your photos.
Choose “Letterbox (Full Image)” and your images will be printed in their entirety. Just like a Letterbox movie, your photo may appear smaller than you expected, but that is because we haven’t cropped any of the image off to fit it into the frame of the print size. If the photo aspect ratio or proportion is different from the ratio of the print size, you’ll get white borders on two sides of your image when it’s printed.
Images that don't fill all the available space will show white crop lines as indicated below (left), If you're happy with having your images cropped that way, you can simply leave them as is. If you'd like to make an adjustment, you can move your mouse pointer between the crop lines and click and drag on the image to shift the crop position. You'll also notice that when your mouse pointer is over the image, the words "Advanced Crop" beneath your image thumbnail as shown below (right). If you click on Advanced Crop, the Crop Photo panel will open.
For the most control over what your images will look like printed, choose “Advanced Crop” . This will open the Crop Photo panel for that image as shown below. On that panel you will have the option to:
- Adjust the position of the crop (click and drag on the image)
- Zoom the crop in or out (drag the slider below the image)
- Choose a specific crop size (pull-down menu to the right of the image)
- Letterbox the image (check box to the right of the image - details on what letterboxing is are detailed above)
- Filter your image to black and white or sepia (radio buttons to the right of the image)
- Rotate the crop or the image itself (click the appropriate options to the right of the image)
- A photo quality indicator tells you how high the resolution of your image is (in pixels per inch) at the current crop and size.
- Clicking the Apply Changes button will exit the Crop Photo panel and any changes you made will take effect. If you don't want any of the changes to take effect, click the X at the top right of the panel instead to cancel out.