Changing calendar templates

Follow

Comments

7 comments

Ross Hubbard

H E L P!!  

I am trying to finish up a calendar and have run into an issue I can't resolve through any menus or help sections.  I am unable to move text boxes or change the contents within. A box appears on every page that shows x/y coordinates and I can't remove it.  I checked Global Settings and don't want to make a change that affects every carefully crafted month. I can't finish this calendar because of this issue and a lack of a troubleshooting guide is frustrating. Can you reply quickly?  i need to finish and order.

Sincerely,

Ross Hubbard

ale

Can you attach a screenshot of the issue you're experiencing please Ross?

Thanks,
    AL

Ross Hubbard

Dear Al,

I was able to resolve the issue by forcing Safari to close on my my iMac.  Fortunately, I had saved everything just prior to the issue so that was no problem. I'm not certain the issue was an AdoramaPix problem, though. Last night I encountered the same thing while upgrading Lightroom while in Safari where the cursor was active but invisible and unresponsive to clicking. I forced the program to close and when I reopened it I had no problem. I will monitor this when in the program and save a full screenshot for you if it occurs again.

I did have a final two questions about my layouts and 'soft proofing' for four of the calendar's months, specifically about 'bleed'. I understand what is being explained and know that images that run edge to edge beyond the 'safe' areas indicated will be trimmed (as in September and the Cover), and that is fine. What I don't understand is why I am getting that for the other two (February and March). I am including a screen shot that shows all four.

When I 'soft proof' the images, should I use a specific ICC profile from AdoramaPix so I know how they'll print?  I really appreciate your assistance, Al. Thanks!

Ross

ale

Ross, I don't understand what you mean by "getting that for the other two". I don't see any trimming on march and Feb. Can you clarify?

Ross Hubbard

ale,

My fault for not qualifying that further. When I previewed all twelve months' layouts, 'Preview' was telling me that four of the months had problems. I thought I was OK on February and March as all elements appear far enough away from the trim area. Guess I am not sure what it is warning me about, unless it is the plain colored backgrounds that go edge to edge. I know that images shown on the Cover and September will get trimmed and that's OK. This is the screenshot of what 'Preview' was telling me:

Regards,

Ross

ale

Ross, a warning doesn't necessarily mean anything is wrong. The editor is just letting you know that some sort of content extends outside the safe area. In the case of a full bleed photo, this is to be expected. In other cases, objects such as a trim line or a background image have perfectly legitimate reasons for extending beyond the safe region. Although I can't see it in the screenshot you provided, its likely some element is extending outside that area. One way you may be able to tell is by clicking on the edge of the calendar page. That should select all the object son the page - causing them to be highlighted in red. This may cause an invisible object (such as a transparent region around a sticker) to be revealed.

Ross Hubbard

ale,

I really appreciate the assistance ale.  I felt, after reviewing the previews and doing some soft proofing, that everything looked good.  I went ahead and created the order at 1:34 and it shipped at 6:03. That is just flat-out great service!! I can't thank you enough for the help.  Have an awesome Christmas!

Ross

Please sign in to leave a comment.