Do you support Foreign Languages?

Follow

Comments

17 comments

Maja Vovnik Dolhar

I tried your advice and it does not work for me. I woul like to add some text containing letters Č, Š and Ž. I use font Lavanderia.

Karyna Busch

In recent newsletter you made an announcement "We now support international characters. Those who are making photo books in Spanish, French, or German now have support for all the fonts in our text editor".

My question is, do you support only those three or any other international characters? I am interested in Russian alphabet.

Thank you.  

ale

Hi Maja. I looked into support for those characters. It isn't available yet but slated to be added in the near future.

ale

Karyna, currently those 3 are all we support, however Hebrew and Russian are currently being worked on and should be available very soon.

Ashley Travis

I'm super excited about your addition of international characters.  Any plans on adding the Norwegian å, æ, ø?

Janet Walmsley

Do you support any Asian languages? I'm looking for Traditional Chinese. If I copy and pasted the characters, will it work? Thanks.

ale

Hi Janet. Not at this time. I believe it is on our to-do list for the future, but currently we only support European languages, Hebrew and Cyrillic.

Karyna Busch

So, you support Hebrew and Cyrillic by now according to the latest response & it is now available to type the text in Cyrillic?

Donna Krasner

I am trying to type a title with the French "â" in it on this page and it is erasing it as soon as I type it. 

Get started with your new book with 5 simple steps:

I am only on the first step and already stumped, LOL!

Ashley Travis

Donna: Have you tried typing your French word in MS Word, copying it and then pasting it into your photobook?  That's usually how I do mine and I've never had a problem.

Donna Krasner

Yes I have tried that. I also tried to edit the title now that the project is open and it is not accepting it either. I am using Chrome Browser which usually has no problems with accent marks even in the URL bar!

ale

What font are you using? Just trying to reproduce the issue.

Donna Krasner

OK, I switched to the Hard cover from leather and it is working. (But it did not work as hard cover on that first 5 step page, only when I moved on into Editing mode. And even in Edit mode, it does not work if you switch to leather and try to edit the gold stamping field.  Odd!) It must be a sign that I shouldn't do the leather, LOL!

ale

Ah, that would be the issue then. The international characters aren't supported on the covers of leather books at this time. Custom covers are a digital image transferred onto photo paper. Leather covers the titles are physically stamped into the leather with a metal die, so support for foreign characters becomes a little more complicated. :)

Yael Harlap

What about Norwegian å, ø and æ? The question was asked a long time ago above, but never answered. I almost completed a photo book at another manufacturer only to realize those characters are not supported! Would love to be able to make my book with Adoramapix... and they are only 3 little characters! Are they supported?

ale

Hi Yael. I just checked -  the å and ø definitely come up in our editor in all fonts I tested, but the æ did not. At least not by a straight copy/paste.

Ashley Travis

Hi Yael, I don't know how much text you're planning on using in your book, but when I made a book about Norway I found I could just import the æ from Photoshop for the handful of times it came up.  And the å and ø worked fine.

Please sign in to leave a comment.