YES! You can enter special characters in the same way you would on a PC or a Mac.
On a Mac
- To make the upside down exclamation mark (¡) at the beginning of a sentence, press the option key, hold it, then press the exclamation key. Release both.
- To make the upside-down question mark (¿) at the beginning of a sentence, press shift and option simultaneously, then the question mark. Then release both.
- To make an ñ, press option, while holding it, press the n, release and press n.
- To place an accent mark over a vowel, press option, hold it then press e, release then press the vowel you want.
On a PC
- Hold down the right "ALT" key. Let it go. Press the letter or character you wish to accent.
If the method described above does not work, your computer is probably not configured for International Characters. Here is a link to an article on how to reconfigure your computer to allow easy entry of International characters.
If you do not wish to reconfigure your computer, you can manually enter codes you can find at this list of International Character codes.