AdoramaPix Forums/FAQ/Photo Books & Calendars

Answered

Why is there no blank pages at the beginning and end of the book?

Jane Hoffer
asked this on April 01, 2011 12:19 PM

This first book you've made for me looks fabulous in all ways but one.  You printed an image right on the back of the hard cover and also at the end of the book, right on the other side of the back cover.  This looks terrible, very unlike any photo book I've ever seen. But I also don't think it right that we should have to pay extra for blank intro sheets.  Is there a way for you to include these sheets?

Jane

Comments

User photo
Al Escudero
AdorPix LLC
Check Answer

Hi Jane. This isn't intended to be a negative, its intended to give our customers greater creative freedom. Unlike some photo book providers, we allow you to print on the inside front and inside back covers of the book. Sometimes people like to place dedication text or some other content on those pages while others prefer to leave them blank - we leave the choice of how to use those pages up to you.  As you said, you shouldn't have to pay for blank intro sheets - which is what most photo book providers make you do. AdoramaPix gives you the choice on whether you want to use them or not, and how.

What I often do is match the first and last page to the color of the cover and either leave them blank, or put some content (text, a logo, etc.) in the center 50% of the page. Matching the cover color makes for a smooth transition between the folded over cover content and the inside of the cover.

Regards,
AL

April 01, 2011 02:15 PM
User photo
Xan van Elden

I have a similar question regarding the front and back inside covers of the book. I recently created and purchased a book from Adoramapix. The pictures came out clear and the book looks fabulous. My only complaint would have to be these inside covers. They were blank and purple! I do not mind them being blank. However, I mind them being purple. I had a photo on the front of the book with a green landscape, with an orange color background for the cover of the book. How do I change (for future books) the front and back inside cover colors?! This book is a gift for my wife documenting our wedding. Our colors were Orange and gray...not purple! Please let me know what I can do to fix this as we are creating books for our families for the holidays and I know the purple color will not go over well!

Thanks in advance,

Xan

December 04, 2012 10:55 PM
User photo
Al Escudero
AdorPix LLC

Hi Xan. Since this message was posted we have in fact added blank end pages to our books. The default color is white, but you have the option to change the color to anything you want. Unfortunately if the color of your end pages was purple you most likely clicked on the violet color by accident. As you can see in the picture below there is a simple palette of colors next to the book. I have put a red box around the violet one. If you clicked on that square during the order stage it would have changed your end pages from the default white to violet. On future books, if you click the larger square with the little eyedropper icon on it, you'll get a larger palette of colors to choose from and can pick the one you like best.

end_pages.jpg

December 05, 2012 04:06 AM
User photo
Gina Rossi

How do you add the blank end pages and edit the color of it?  I just started creating my first book and don't see that option anywhere.  Also, does the logo print anywhere on the book?

December 31, 2012 04:36 PM
User photo
Al Escudero
AdorPix LLC

You add them during the order step Gina. When you click order you see the options shown above before you get to the section asking for payment, shipping, etc.

January 02, 2013 11:58 AM