AdoramaPix Forums/Solutions Library/Ordering Prints

Buying prepaid prints

Al Escudero
posted this on August 03, 2010 02:38 AM

Prepaids are only available to members that have upgraded to account_pro.jpg accounts.

Prepaids allow you to lock in low prices by purchasing a bundle of prints or photo books now, that you plan to order later. You can purchase them at our Prepaids Page. You will see a list of the prepaids already credited to your account, what size prepaid prints you have, the total amount that was originally purchased, how many remain available and in which jobs you used the prints.

Prepaid do not expire as long as you have a valid pro membership.

Comments

User photo
Dante Smith

use prepaids by uploading your photos and following the order prints instructions, at the end it will take the cots out of the your prepaid account 

January 17, 2011 04:24 PM
User photo
Floyd Richard Jr

How long does it take for the prepaids to show up in my account so that I can use them?

November 14, 2012 02:19 PM
User photo
S. Michael Benson

Once I buy prepaid prints, do they ever expire?  Do I have to use them within a certain amount of time?

November 26, 2012 07:16 PM
User photo
M Solano

Help! I can't place my prepack order!!

November 30, 2012 11:54 PM
User photo
Al Escudero
AdorPix LLC

Can you describe what the difficulty is?

December 02, 2012 12:09 AM
User photo
james norton

I have been trying to do this for a week and the drop down menus don't work.  I click on select size, or whatever it's called and all I see is the same term.  I left a message to the webmaster, but got on reply.  I've tried with Firefox and with Chrome and the problem remains.  Anybody know what is the problem here?

December 09, 2012 03:13 PM
User photo
james norton

Looks like nobody reads this page as there's been no reply to my query.  The site now says the prepaid print page is being rebuilt.  I called Adorama on the phone and asked the woman who took the call if I could purchase prepaids that way..  She said she, "No.'  I asked this was due to the problem with the site and said something like she didn't know if Adorama was going to have prepaids anymore, once the site was rebuilt.  Not particularly helpful. 

December 26, 2012 03:55 PM
User photo
Al Escudero
AdorPix LLC

Hi James. I know the prepaids system is being looked into. I don't know what the status is at the moment but I'll try to find out for you. If you got a vague response from customer service regarding the status its probably because the details are still being worked out and no formal announcement has been made so we don't know what to tell you at this time. I'll see if I can get you a better answer than "i don't know".

December 30, 2012 03:50 PM
User photo
james norton

Thanks for the information.  I've used the prepaids before and it's a great service, so I hope it returns.  In the meantime, might make sense to take down the 10/3/10 post as it has the effect of sending the reader on a pointless and frustrating journey, at least that's what happened to me (lol).  I'll stay tuned.

December 30, 2012 04:35 PM
User photo
Al Escudero
AdorPix LLC

Hi James. I have an update - prepaids are in fact no longer available - at least for the time being. Apparently there were a number of problems with the system as it existed so they ended it. All prepaids purchased prior to the closure are being honored, so you needn't worry about any that you had going away. I suspect there will be prepaids again in the future in one form or another, but more thought is being put into how the system will work to address the past deficiencies. I'll post more details as soon as I can.

December 30, 2012 06:42 PM
User photo
Lisa Vrba

I've been buying prepaids and using Adorma for 4 years - if I can't buy prepaids anymore then I'll probably switch to a different print company.  I've been researching other print companies over the last year but always decided I liked the prepaids and ordering system that other companies don't have.  Unhappy with this.

December 31, 2012 01:23 AM
User photo
james norton

Feel the same way, but haven't found another service that has prepaids.

December 31, 2012 05:13 AM
User photo
Al Escudero
AdorPix LLC

I hope to have an update for you soon. I'm fairly confident we'll have prepaids in some form, I just can't comment at this time since I don't know any details about what form they will take.

December 31, 2012 04:21 PM
User photo
james norton

That would be great.  Look forward to an announcement.  Have a Happy New Year.

December 31, 2012 05:52 PM
User photo
Kevin Kearns

Yes prepaids expire -  most of mine have disappeared from my account.

February 21, 2013 07:55 PM
User photo
Al Escudero
AdorPix LLC

Hi Kevin. As I responded in your other post, if you contact me with details I may be able to help.

February 22, 2013 04:20 PM
User photo
james norton

Are we any closer to having this service restored? 

February 22, 2013 06:10 PM
User photo
Al Escudero
AdorPix LLC

Hi James. I believe something is being worked on, but I don't have details yet.

February 26, 2013 01:22 AM
User photo
Alysha Baxter
That's good. Hopefully they get them back soon.
March 01, 2013 01:20 AM
User photo
Al Escudero
AdorPix LLC

I'll post an update as soon as something becomes available Alysha.

March 04, 2013 12:35 PM
User photo
Scott Astin

Has there been any more news on a new prepaid program of some sort?

May 28, 2013 03:53 PM
User photo
Al Escudero
AdorPix LLC

Not yet Scott.

May 28, 2013 04:02 PM
User photo
George Faison

Al, as I posted elsewhere, you say above that prepaids never expire and now I am being told that mine will expire.  I upgraded to a Pro account to get the extension, but I want you to know I consider this very underhanded and disreputable and it is not at all what I have come to expect from Adorama.  Did you guys change management or something?  While I'm bitchin' I will also say your "forums" are the hardest to use I've ver seen in the sense that finding anything is almost impossible.  Plus they do not really seem to act like Forums, at least not like any I have ever used, and I've been around fro awhile.  Nothing personal, I see you here trying to help, but let your management know their customers do not all like having terms changed after the fact (which I doubt is even legal).  They should have grandfathered previously purchased prepaids if they were going to change the terms.  I'll definitely think twice before buying any more, if I ever do.  And Bremen also that for every person who takes the time to complain here, there are 400 who did not bother, but felt the same.

August 01, 2013 10:07 PM
User photo
Lisa Vrba

I upgraded to a Pro account too so that I could buy prepaids again - they better not expire, I didn't even check that - figured it was the same as before.  I'll be pissed!!!

August 01, 2013 10:26 PM
User photo
Lisa Vrba

And you'd think that Adorama would contact the people that have posted on their site about the prepaids when they started to offer them again.  I just figured it out the other day.  Thanks for not telling me.

August 01, 2013 10:27 PM
User photo
George Faison

Lisa, I think they will expire in one year - but that might even be a special extension.  Very hard to tell from the crappy Adorama communications on this.  As recently as Sept 2012, Al was posting here that they never expire.  Then all of sudden we get notified they will expire at the end of this year.  So I upgraded to a Pro account as it said it would extend that one year.  But it did not extend to the end of next year, but only to August 2014.  I myself probably will not buy any more prepaids if they expire, or very few, only what I'm absolutely sure I can use. And think how dumb this is.  Buy buying prepaids, we are essentially loaning our money to Adorama for free until we use the prints.  And I'm sure there are some that never use them for whatever reason, which may be their problem.  But they could address that by saying as long as your account remains active they do not expire, active meaning an order within the last year, 2 years, whatever they choose.

Not sure what is going on with Adorama, but it's sad, as up until now I felt I could trust them completely and now I am not so sure.  Have had nothing but great service from them for many years.

August 02, 2013 09:34 AM
User photo
aquinas mackey

i'm also interested in this. i have about 5 dozen each of 8x10s and 16x20s in my account and when i bought them i was informed that they never expire. if adorama wants to do the right thing, they should simply keep their promise and not let them expire nor insist that i pay an upgrade fee to extend them out for one year. "never expire" was a major selling point for me and reneging on that now is dishonorable. frankly, it's been downhill since David left. He was a gentleman and an honorable person who would never stand for anything like this.

August 03, 2013 12:23 AM
User photo
james norton

Right.  This is totally lame.  Here's what was said earlier in this forum, as I'm sure everybody knows: 

No Michael, they don't expire. November 26, 2012 07:26 pm

I am not going to, 'upgrade,' to extend them and will just order a whole lot of stuff between now and when they expire.  After that, good bye Adorama.  There are plenty of options out there and this changing the rules after the money's been collected is outrageous.

August 03, 2013 06:41 AM
User photo
Al Escudero
AdorPix LLC

As a general question, what would all of you feel is a reasonable time period for prepaids to last so that you would have an opportunity to use them?

August 04, 2013 05:03 PM
User photo
james norton

The offer was that they don't expire, ever.  To change that for people who have already put money up is not a fair way to do business.  Going forward, probably a couple of years would be reasonable, but for people with current balances, Adorama should either abide by the contract they originally offered, or give the option to refund the unused balance.

August 04, 2013 06:21 PM
User photo
Al Escudero
AdorPix LLC

Hi Lisa. We announced the return of prepaids not as an individual mailout but in a couple of mailouts relating to the new pro accounts.

August 05, 2013 12:41 AM
User photo
Edmund Leavitt

I recall reading that the so called "never shall expire" balance in prepaid print accounts would be extended.  I believe it said something about "...as long as you renewed your Pro VIP account.  I was a bit crazy with approaching deadlines when I saw that and details are a bit foggy.    Soon after, as a precaution I tried to "renew" my account and there doesn't seem to be a way to renew, which makes sense for something offered free of charge and which supposedly never expires.  So who does one contact at Adorama for either a refund of the balance or some convincing assurances that "never" really means not ever, versus "when we think you've forgotten or won't notice"?

I'm not in any hurry, but I REALLY dislike companies that back away from promises. 

August 19, 2013 09:22 PM
User photo
Al Escudero
AdorPix LLC

Hi Edmund, please check out this post in our blog.

August 19, 2013 11:54 PM
User photo
Edmund Leavitt

Thank you.  I appreciate the effort.   It seems that you got it done.  Little things can effect reputation, be they positive or negative. 

A smart fellow once said    "Glass, china and reputation are easily cracked and never mended well."  

B. F.

August 21, 2013 11:35 AM
User photo
aquinas mackey

hi al

i took you up on the free year membership offer & i'd just like to clarify that my stock of prepaids will now expire 12/31/15, as indicated in the blog post, regardless of whether or not i renew the membership in one year (on 8/22/14). is this correct? i think 12/31/15 is fair enough, but not if it requires me to make any further payments to sustain a membership or whatever!

thanks! q

August 22, 2013 12:49 PM