AdoramaPix Forums/Solutions Library/Uploading Photos

Uploading photos using the AdoramaPix website

Al Escudero
posted this on August 01, 2010 06:22 PM

The low-down on uploading

Before we do anything with uploading, you’ll need to be logged in, so if you don’t have a free AdoramaPix account, we’re gonna need you to go on ahead and open one now. Go ahead, we’ll wait.

That was easy, right? If you’re all logged in, we can get started! Let’s assume you’re starting from scratch and want to create your first gallery. From either the Home or Photo Albums page, click on the "new gallery” button at the top right of the window.

galleries1.jpg

Notice that the current date is entered as the default gallery name. You can change this to a title of your choice or just keep the date as the gallery name, add a description if you want, then click "Add Photos."

If you’ve already got a gallery or two and just want to add new photos to them, there are a couple of options. If you are on the Photo Gallery or Home page, you can click on the “Add Photos” link under the gallery title. If you open the gallery, you can click on the “Add Photos” camera icon in the upper right corner of the screen.

Up, up and away!

Adorama offers a bunch of super-easy ways to upload photos.

Single File, Please

Our single file uploader lets you browse your hard drive to select individual photos. This method works on all computers and with all browsers. It’s the simplest way to upload a small quantity of photos.

Click on “Browse” and a window will open showing the files and folders on your hard drive. Select a photo file (.jpg or 8-bit tiff.) and click on “upload photos.” A new blank slot will appear just below so you can continue to upload photo files to your gallery one at a time.

single_file_upload.jpg 

Multi-platform bulk uploader (Java)

If you’ve got a Mac or UNIX machine, or if you have a Windows PC but use another browser such as Firefox or Safari, our Java-enabled bulk uploader is your best bet for a large upload.

Select a folder/file from your hard drive on the left …

bulk_uploader.jpg 

… then choose your image files from the window in the center. Drag and drop your selections into the bottom pane, and hit the “upload photos” button.

Active X

If you are an IE user, you can upload with ActiveX. Just click on “Upload photos” in the blue navigation bar from an IE browser and you’ll get a new window where you can choose an existing gallery to upload to or create a new one. Once you select or create an gallery, click on “choose photos” at the bottom of the window. In the next window, look at the top of the screen, just below the top of the browser; you should see a thin yellow bar asking you if it is ok to install an add-on from “Aurigma, Inc.” (Those of you with Macs may be asked if you “trust” the add-on.) Just say yes! About two seconds later it’s all done and the upload window appears. This window looks just like the Java uploader, where you have the contents of your hard drive on the left and a top center pane containing the contents of whatever folder is highlighted. Now just drag and drop the images to upload into the bottom pane. Then hit upload!

Want to use FTP instead?

All you need is your own FTP client, we provide the rest! FTP, or File Transfer Protocol, allows you to see your galleries exactly as they are stored on AdoramaPix servers in Windows Explorer style. You can drag and drop from your local drive to our servers and see it all at the same time.

From the upload page, click on the FTP instruction box on the right side of your screen, then open your FTP client (there are dozens of these, all free and available for download. We don’t recommend any particular one; they’re all pretty much the same). In the instruction box you’ll see

§         The name of the host address (that’s us) which is upload.adoramapix.com.

§         Your login (the email address you used when you signed up with AdoramaPix)

§         A password. This password is different from your password for the rest of the AdoramaPix site, and will always be your password for uploading using FTP. Don’t worry about remembering it, every time you click on the FTP instructions, it’ll be right there.  

Next you’ll need to set up a connection between your local drive and the AdoramaPix host to transfer your images. Every FTP client is different so you’ll have to look around to find where to click to establish the connection. You’ll be prompted to fill in your login and password (from the instruction box) and the host name (upload.adoramapix.com). Give your account a name, and save it so you can use it in the future to upload more photos. Then connect to your new account.

All your previously created AdoramaPix galleries will appear in the right pane of the window along with a new virtual gallery created with FTP and the current date as its name. Don’t worry if you don’t see any images in the galleries, these are virtual galleries and are all empty. You can drag and drop images from your computer’s drive shown in the left pane over to the right pane and drop into this folder or any other folder of your choice.

If you are brand new and don’t have any galleries yet, you can use the virtual gallery or go back to the AdoramaPix site and create a blank gallery with any name you like. Then return to the FTP client and the gallery will appear in the right pane.

When you go back to adoramapix.com/yourusername and click on the Photo Galleries page you’ll see that the new gallery is right there. You can change this and add a description if you want by clicking on the “edit” button next to the title.

Silverlight Uploader

If you have a Windows PC with Silverlight installed, you can use our Silverlight uploader. To load your files click on the Select Files button in the lower left. This will open the windows file browser. Locate the JPG or TIFF files you want to upload and then select them by clicking on them. To select multiple files you can press Ctrl-A to select all the files, or you can keep the Ctrl key held down while clicking on multiple files. When you have selected the files you want, click upload to get started.

silverlight_uploader.jpg

Comments

User photo
Donald Mullaney

The uploading system is just not working right!!!!!

March 15, 2011 08:16 AM
User photo
Al Escudero
AdorPix LLC

Hi Donald. Could you provide some additional details please. What isn't working right about it?

March 15, 2011 12:18 PM
User photo
Donald Mullaney

Thanks, Al for the comeback. In the past, uploading was a straightforward task and I've had no problems. However, in the last 72 hours, I've tried to upload Tiff files, with proper size, and after loading, they disappear. I look in the gallery where they were assigned and nothing. One print did get through. On one occasion, the upload stopped "mid-stream".

March 15, 2011 02:36 PM
User photo
Lloyd Sands

The uploader is not working correctly. The photos that I have been trying to upload stops at about 7 MB then I have to start all over but it does it all over again, I was able to upload TWO 6 MB one at a time When I was doing second picture it stopped at the begginning then I was forced to start over for the second picture. Still can not upload my other pictures it stops after a few minutes!

March 15, 2011 11:22 PM
User photo
Lloyd Sands

Please fix the uploader

March 15, 2011 11:23 PM
User photo
Lloyd Sands

Still can't upload pictures please get uploader fixed.When trying to upload pictures within 4 minutes it just goes to A white screen then to the upload screen to start all over after I brouse for the pictures to upload. PLEASE GET IT FIXED TODAY!!

March 16, 2011 10:36 AM
User photo
Lloyd Sands

I just wrote the above at 10:37 AM On March 16 2011, and those others at 11:00 PM On March 15 2011, Just saying the Time is wrong ,But the uploader will cost me buisiness please fix it

March 16, 2011 10:41 AM
User photo
Al Escudero
AdorPix LLC

Customer service is aware of the problem with the uploader and developers are working on addressing the problem. The current estimate on getting the issue resolved is the end of the day today.

March 16, 2011 01:21 PM
User photo
Misty Boland

Cant upload any images!! Dont know if the date for the above is wrong or not but its oct 21st :) Hope this gets fixed soon!

October 21, 2011 07:56 PM
User photo
Jeremy Smith

Yep, uploader not working for me either; just trying to upload a few 5MB jpg files.  I just get the little yellow warning triangle next to the photo icon which, when you hover over it, says 'using runtime: flash' and it just hangs at 0%  -- Oct 22nd 2011

October 22, 2011 08:55 AM
User photo
Irene Masterson

Uploader isn't working for me either. I get the same yellow triangle.  Any idea when this will be fixed? or what to do? I'm in the middle of a project. Thanks! OCt. 22, 2011

October 22, 2011 09:33 AM
User photo
David Dubbert

It's not working for me either.  is this because of the holiday thing?  I've tried two different computers and three browsers.

October 22, 2011 12:00 PM
User photo
David Palatsi

Same here, tried two different computers, many browsers, the files are fine, and I just get the little yellow triangle error box....bummer!

October 22, 2011 07:59 PM
User photo
Michael Naquin

Same here, two different computers, two different browsers, same yellow triangle.......two hours wasted.

October 22, 2011 09:52 PM
User photo
Jamie Kuper

I have been having trouble as well.  I used the site a while back and had a LOT of trouble with the uploader, countless times I had to re-start the downloads...I thought it was just a problem with my connection at the time, but now I am trying to upload again, and not all of my files are uploading!  This is so frustrating!!!!  I have already been here trying to upload the same 3 pictures for hours now.  What a waste of time.  The quality of the prints is great, but I actually need to be able to upload (and do so quickly) in order to get them!!  PLEASE FIX ASAP!!!!

July 09, 2012 09:44 PM
User photo
Al Escudero
AdorPix LLC

Hi Jamie. I sent you an email to try and get to the source of the issue.

July 11, 2012 01:57 PM
User photo
Dominick Maino

The Flash uploader doesn't seem to be working. I'm using Firefox. The photos are from 3-10MB in size. When I try to upload I get the yellow triangle telling me they won't work with the print size ordered. I had not selected a print size at this point. When I look to where I should be able to select a print size a group of little boxes show up nothing else. What do I need to do to upload photos? From the comments above it looks like others have had problems uploading files as well. Thanks for any help you can give.

July 18, 2012 12:12 PM
User photo
Al Escudero
AdorPix LLC

Hi Dominick. What is the file size of your images?

July 19, 2012 08:43 PM
User photo
Angie Litts

It has taken me all day, literally from 9am to load 180 pictures.  I have used the upload from computer option.  Most of my file sizes are within 2-7MB.  I don't understand why this should take so long, and would like to know if there is a better option.  I haven't used the option for exporting from software, and wasn't sure if I could do this without any issues.   I hope you can provide some assistance, or I will have to do my business somewhere else. 

October 20, 2012 09:52 PM
User photo
Al Escudero
AdorPix LLC

Hi Angie. Since only some people seem to experience this issue and not others, it’s likely the problem isn’t on our servers, but somewhere along the path on the internet that your data has to follow to get from you to us. There is some diagnostic information that would be useful in figuring this out.

If you have a Windows PC

1. Open your Programs Folder
  2. Open the Accessories sub folder.
  3. Launch the Command Prompt
  4. Type tracert www.adoramapix.com
  5. Do a screen capture with ctrl+prt scr
  6. Mail me the screen capture

If you have a Mac OS X

1. Open the Utilities folder on your hard drive.
  2. Launch the Network Utility.
  3. Click Traceroute.
  4. Enter the domain name for which you want to perform a traceroute, and then click Trace.
  5. Select the results, and then right-click and select Copy or press COMMAND+C to copy the text.
  6. Paste the text into an email

This will trace the path your data takes, showing how long it is delayed at every step.  This may give us an idea of where the problem is. Please send me an email at ale at adoramapix.com.

Thanks,
AL

October 22, 2012 08:00 PM
User photo
Jenna Hight

My photos were uploading fine this morning, then suddenly they won't upload anymore.  I get an error saying "No such file in server result".  Is this a server issue?  I need to get this done for ordering for Christmas!!!

December 15, 2012 06:33 PM
User photo
Jocur Images LLC

Having the same issue. Uploading lags out says 100% then comes up with a error that I have not clue what for does not tell me why. Just started today, I deleted my cookies clean my computer made sure everything was update. Still having the issue.

December 15, 2012 06:42 PM
User photo
Deanna Holloway

Ditto I can;t upload my photo/s beginning to panic..... Need to get a book done....!!!!

December 15, 2012 06:43 PM
User photo
Mindy Malone

Same problem, even tried uploading through facebook and photobucket.  At least i now know the problem is on their end!

December 15, 2012 06:51 PM
User photo
Jocur Images LLC

Yes I am getting same same error now:

No such file in server result.

Glad its just not me now was scared I jacked something up!

December 15, 2012 06:54 PM
User photo
paul-michael diMeglio

I tried to upload 6 jpeg files for over FOUR HOURS! I used three different browsers, and both bulk and flash upload. The 6 files (or even when I tried just one, the individual file) 'upload' but then are 'processing'. Hung up processing. I even waited an hour, went back, and the six uploaded files are GONE. EACH one was UNDER 2mb, and correct format. Ugh! NEEDED THESE ON A RUSH.

December 31, 2012 08:15 PM
User photo
paul-michael diMeglio

Just tried FTP, after uploading multiple files, the 'unsorted' folder appears, with only ONE of the filenames in it, then it too disappears!!! Double UGH!!!

December 31, 2012 08:31 PM
User photo
Denise Worden

I've been trying for 4 hours to upload ONE 10mb .jpeg. It keeps getting hung up in the "processing"  phase. Says one of one uploaded, but then does nothing. Tried both uploaders multiple times, nothing is working. Help!

December 31, 2012 09:29 PM
User photo
Ryan Zilly

Been trying to upload photos for 3 hours now, and its stuck in the processing phase.  Any help would be great!!!

December 31, 2012 10:15 PM
User photo
Chris Stolicky

Same here.  I have been trying to upload an 18mb panoramic image for a couple of hours and it keeps getting stuck on the "processing" stage.  I let the last one go for over an hour.  I wanted to take advantage of the sale on metal prints that ends tonight, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen...

December 31, 2012 11:36 PM
User photo
Amy Leibrand

Ridiculous. Trying to upload 5 images -- a total of only 7 MB -- and I've been stuck in the processing phase for hours. I've logged out, tried again, tried a different browser, nothing works. The photos simply will not upload to the system. Ultimately, need to order 300 photos. No way I'm dealing with this frustration. Taking my business elsewhere. You get what you pay for, apparently.

February 06, 2013 12:11 PM
User photo
Al Escudero
AdorPix LLC

Hi Amy. Sorry you ran into difficulties. The problem you describe isn't the norm, and according to customer support they haven't had other reports of connection issues, so it was probably an isolated incident. Try it again and see if you're still having difficulties, if so, call our customer support number and talk to the staff. They should be able to help you diagnose the issue.

February 07, 2013 01:35 AM
User photo
Amy Leibrand

Al, thank you for your response. I tried again 24 hours later and was able to upload without issue. Based on the comments here and elsewhere on the internet, I'm not convinced upload issues are not the norm; however, your prices are well below your competitors and worth another go. Thank you for your excellent customer service.

February 07, 2013 02:07 PM
User photo
Jonathan Fraser

Anyone else having problems uploading photos recently?  I have emailed the tech support people but since it is Sunday, I wont get a response until tomorrow.

In the Java based uploader none of the files will upload past 50%.  After trying a combination from a single photo to all the ones I need to upload, I still have no luck.  I tried the same with the flash uploader and it constantly reloads the first file, never to completion.  This was tried on two browsers that have been updated to the latest standards.

Additionally, I tried the iphoto and the aperture plug ins, and while those indicate that the upload has been completed, once I check my account nothing shows up.

Any support would be appreciated!

June 02, 2013 01:44 PM
User photo
Chelsea Rathburn

I'm having the same problems as Jonathan today. I tried a few hours ago and again now. The bulk uploader stalls out, and the flash uploader appears to upload only to give me the yellow triangle. I just tried a competitor's website to see if there was a problem with my files, but they loaded instantly there. I've gotten great prints from Adoramapix in the past so I'm hoping that the site is working by tomorrow...

June 02, 2013 08:23 PM
User photo
Mark Taylor

I'm having trouble with the bulk and flash uploaders. Glad to see I'm not the only one having a problem. This is frustrating!

June 02, 2013 09:49 PM
User photo
Dominique Franck Simon

Hoping this will be fix in the soonest

June 02, 2013 11:44 PM
User photo
Vickie LeBlanc

Today is 6/20/2013. I keep trying to upload 1 photo. It keeps saying it's uploaded but it is NOT showing up. Please fix.

June 20, 2013 08:37 PM
User photo
Al Escudero
AdorPix LLC

Hi Vickie. Sorry, I had the developers check your account and they didn't find any additional photos. Not sure what the issue was but it may have been a temporary problem, have you tried again since?

June 25, 2013 03:08 PM
User photo
constance parry

I have been trying without success to upload both Tiff & Jpeg files to Adorama pix since the July 4th weekend. File sizes range from 12-51 MG. Small files upload without incident. I sent an email to the webmaster Monday evening after hours and have not received a reply. Today I called and spoke with a supervisor who told me the site was working correctly and to do the following: empty cache (done), make sure Adobe Flash was current version (done), try another browser (currently using Safari) (done); installed Firefox. Still cannot upload images. Please advise.

July 10, 2013 04:22 PM
User photo
Vickie LeBlanc

Hi Constance, I discovered my problem was a browsing shield that I use. It could also be a firewall blocking it. Just some suggestions, I am not an expert.

July 10, 2013 05:59 PM
User photo
Al Escudero
AdorPix LLC

Hi Constance. I tested it just now by successfully uploading a 138MB TIF file. It uploaded just fine - though it took forever :) I'll talk with IT and see if they have any suggestions.

Out of curiosity, where were you trying to upload them? At the import step in the photo book creator, or were you adding to a gallery using one of the other methods of uploading?

Thanks,
AL

July 10, 2013 06:28 PM
User photo
constance parry

Vickie thanks for your input. Al I tried uploading to "create a metal print" and also to newly created gallery. I tried all methods to upload; Aperture plug-in, flash uploader and bulk uploader. I have tried this afternoon from Firefox browser; previously using Safari 6.0.5. The upload will take at most 9 MG of file then stops, restarts then times out. Thanks for your response.

July 10, 2013 07:54 PM
User photo
Al Escudero
AdorPix LLC

Constance, a simple test would determine if it's a problem on our end or one on yours. Are you able to upload those same files to somewhere else? If not, then it's likely an issue in your local setup as Vickie experienced, if you are then we know its an issue with your connection to us.

July 12, 2013 12:52 PM
User photo
constance parry

Al I just uploaded a 14 MG JPEG file to Shutterfly without any problem. Shutterly only accepts JPEG files. I have uploaded several files to Shutterfly in the past week without any problem. I tried again to upload photos from both my iMac & MacBook Pro today and last night. Same problem...loads about 8-9 MG then stalls and times out. Thank you for your input but I am still stumped.

July 12, 2013 01:30 PM
User photo
lina PALLOTTA

HOW DO I SAVE A PROJECT I STARTED BEFORE IT'S DONE

September 02, 2013 03:04 PM
User photo
Al Escudero
AdorPix LLC

Yes Lina - check this FAQ posting for details on how to do this.

September 02, 2013 04:47 PM
User photo
Kimberly Wagie

Hi,

I was just uploading some photos, and several of them were uploaded just fine, but all of a sudden it kept saying "Failed" every time I tried to upload. They're all almost exactly the same, so I don't understand why it accepted a few, but it won't take any of the other ones. Please help! They are all JPEG sRGB, or whatever. The dpi is 350 on the ones it accepted, so I'm not sure if the 150 dpi limit is accurate. But as I said, the properties on all the photos are nearly exactly the same. I didn't want to have to go the drugstore to have it done, but if it keeps rejecting my photos, I guess I'll have to, but I will be very unhappy if I'm forced to do so.

October 12, 2013 01:45 AM
User photo
duane micheau

I cant get your photo up loader to work at all . I tried the same picture as a tiff and as a jpeg in the three options each. flash, the default up loader and the bulk up loader. FAILED. I even made the jpeg tiny...FAILED. I have 3 hours into it and not one photo to work. I must be an idiot for not going elsewhere, which I will be doing as soon as I hit enter. Unless, by some freak chance an person from here posts correcting my problem within the next few minutes.

October 12, 2013 11:05 AM
User photo
duane micheau

It works in Shutterfly.

October 12, 2013 11:13 AM
User photo
Gurpreet Sidhu

There is a problem with your uploader AdoramaPix.  The same photos I could download yesterday morning are now coming up as errors in format as of last night.   As I can see in this forum I am not the only one.  Please address ASAP

October 12, 2013 11:34 AM
User photo
Al E

Unfortunately there seems to be an issue with the server. The problem should be corrected by tomorrow (possibly this evening) when the IT staff return. I apologize for the inconvenience.

October 12, 2013 02:30 PM
User photo
Kimberly Wagie

Thanks for your response. I'll try again tomorrow.

October 12, 2013 07:56 PM
User photo
Brad Cantos

I have been uploading photos using the standard uploader without issues today.  I read this thread and tried to use the FTP site, but it didn't work.  I logged in ok, but when uploading I kept getting error messages indicating "broken pipe." I'm using Cyberduck with a Mac.  Any suggestions?

November 04, 2013 08:38 PM
User photo
Nicole S Charron

Been downloading successfully for the last hour or so and then, all of a sudden, I get this message; no such file in server result.  SO FRUSTRATING!!  No warning, nothing.  This after experiencing other loading issues yesterday.   I was successfully downloading large images, one after the other, and then suddenly I could only download images less than 1 MB.  This went only for hours and I had to take my files apart to download one bit at a time.  Then, all of a sudden, everything went back to normal and I was able to load larger files again.  What a waste of time!   I do very much like the flexibility of Adoramapix BUT, they really do have some serious server issues.  Looks like I'll have to wait another day or so before I can finish my job.   I'll think twice before I recommend this service to anyone.

December 29, 2013 07:22 PM
User photo
Al Escudero
AdorPix LLC

Hi Nicole. We have on occasion had issues with our upload server but they are always resolved within a few hours. If you ever encounter an issue uploading your images, try again after a short period of time and it should be fine. Essentially as soon as someone reports the issue, our IT staff can address it quickly.

December 30, 2013 04:57 PM
User photo
Richard Gore

This is so frustrating....

I've tried to upload to a 12 picture frame no less than 15 times- no luck. emptied cache and cookies, restarted computer and browser, tried firefox and safari- it ALWAYS goes to a blank page after I click "add to cart" and nothing happens (i even waited 30 minutes one time to see if it would take a while to process). I tried doing a 7 picture frame and it works fine. i don't feel like doing an 8,9,10, or 11 picutre frame to find out what the cutoff is. Can someone at adorama please help resolve this? Andy on phone support was able to recreate the same issue on his side when i spoke with him. Veronica via email support had no problems... this doesn't make sense.

My selections:

12 photos (11 color, 1 b&w) with the last frame option chosen (design ID- 1286), white stain on beech frame, no bottom mat, fabric white top mat, no choices selected for steps 4,5, and 6, step 7- UV protected glass, nothing step 8, step 9- fine art satin... click "add to cart"... NOTHING!

January 25, 2014 01:02 AM
User photo
Kelly Nottingham-Smith

Any known issues between adoramapix software and Windows 8.1? I can't upload multiple files. In my settings, I do have the proper "use check boxes."

Have to get this book done!

June 13, 2014 05:48 PM
User photo
Al Escudero
AdorPix LLC

I'm not aware of any issues, but I'll run a test on 8.1 asap Kelly and see what can be done. For now go to our photo galleries page http://www.adoramapix.com/PhotoAlbum.aspx

On that page we offer multiple was to upload your images. Choose one of the various methods, and add  your photos to a gallery.

Once the images are uploaded, when you open your photo book the import page gives you the option to get your photos from an adoramapix gallery. Drag the gallery folder over to the project window, and you're good to go!

Hope this helps!

AL

June 13, 2014 06:01 PM
User photo
victor

the uploader or site does not seem to work? I uploaded 4 files and I get a message that says "successful", but then when I press "done", it takes me to a screen that says" 0 of your 4 images have been processed already --- Image processing can take up some time, please be patient."

how long should I wait? overnight?

"

July 23, 2014 12:34 AM
User photo
Al Escudero
AdorPix LLC

What is it specifically you're uploading victor, and at what location on the site? We have various places where you can upload files - galleries, pdf books, book images, etc.

July 24, 2014 12:48 PM
User photo
Jane C.

I tried to upload photos to print directly off of my Instagram account a week or so ago at work through the Adoramapix website It wouldn't upload so I thought maybe uploading was blocked at work. I just tried from home today on a MacBook and the first time I selected approximately 150 photos to upload from my Instagram using the Adoramapix preset link. I got a message that 133 were uploaded so far but the bar remained at that for over 15 minutes. When I closed out of that window, it said 0 photos were in my album. I thought maybe I was trying to upload too many photos at once so I went back into my projects folder (still with 0 photos) and logged into my Instagram account and selected 14 photos to upload. Right away, I got the message that 12 of the 14 photos were uploaded and the bar was almost complete. Waited 10 minutes and still nothing uploaded so I logged out of that project. During the whole time, this "Updating" icon would constantly pop on and off the screen as if it was "working" but no pictures were ever uploaded into this project. Am I doing something wrong? I need all these photos for a big project I'm working on!

July 25, 2014 12:55 PM
User photo
Al Escudero
AdorPix LLC

Not sure if there's an issue with instagram Jane, but that isn't normal. I've inquired with the tech team. Try again now and see if it's been fixed.

July 25, 2014 05:15 PM
User photo
Jane C.

It works now! I was able to upload 144 photos but now there's another problem. After uploading and completing step 1, I get an error message if I click "save and continue later" or "proceed to next step".

July 25, 2014 05:43 PM
User photo
Thomas Green

The uploader doesn't pop up on the "Add photos" page and my galleries don't show my photos. I thought it'd be fixed by now, but its been almost a week. Tried it on a Windows PC and it worked fine…just not on my Mac…no response when clicking "add photos" but on the PC the uploader pops up straight away without having to click the "add photos" button. Kinda confusing because every other clickable button on adoramapix works…just not the one I need…I was emailing someone at Adorama about it but they never got back to me after awhile. Wondering if it's just a Mac/Safari problem? I have the latest Safari.

September 28, 2014 01:39 AM
User photo
Sarah Peterson

I, too, am having trouble uploading my images from my computer (a Mac).  When I click the "Browse" button, I simply get no response.  I have uploaded in the past with no problem.  Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you!

September 28, 2014 10:42 PM
User photo
Al Escudero
AdorPix LLC

I have made inquiries regarding the issue. Can you please let me know what OS version, flash version and browser version you are using?

Thanks.

September 29, 2014 01:52 AM
User photo
Thomas Green

I have OS 10.8.5, flash version 15.0.0.152 and Safari 6.2. I had been using the uploader in August just fine but it was after checked for/and did updates from the app store that I noticed the problem. Also checked it on a Mac that has Mavericks and the uploader pops up straight away. Still no uploader for me though. It only appears to be for paper prints. When I go to home decor/ and try a metal or other type of print the uploader works on there. Just not for paper and still can't see photos in my gallery either. Thanks

September 29, 2014 11:40 AM
User photo
Al Escudero
AdorPix LLC

Hi Thomas. I got this response from our developer:

The upload seems to work on Safari/Mac. When I click on "New gallery", the upload popup appears immediately.  The same is true if I click on the orange "Upload Photos" button. However, if I go inside a gallery and click on "Add Photos" I see a set of options. Perhaps they expect a popup to open here - but on this page they need to choose one of the uploaders first. Could you please contact them and ask them to describe the steps needed to reproduce the problem?

Can you go through the steps required to create the problem so we can reproduce it on our end?

Thanks!
AL

September 29, 2014 12:21 PM
User photo
Thomas Green

I clicked "New+" in the gallery area and it let me upload my photo. But when I click on that gallery "images from order September 29 2014" on that green bar it says "0 checked of 1" but there's no visible thumbnail to check. 

The issue I'm having is when I click the "Photo Prints" icon at the top of the page. Then I click the green "order prints" button in the middle of the page. Then it takes me to the page with the grey "add photos" button in the middle left with all the photo options on the right. On other computers and in the past on my computer the uploader comes up straight away without having to click anything. But now there's no response from the "add photos" button or the "+ add more photos" button which I assume is the button that connects to the gallery which I can't see any photos in anyways.

I may be doing it wrong but those were the steps I used in the past to order prints.

September 29, 2014 01:49 PM
User photo
Al Escudero
AdorPix LLC

Thanks for your description Thomas. The developers found the problem and it should be fixed by tomorrow.

October 01, 2014 12:03 PM
User photo
David Rosenzweig

I'm a new customer, trying to upload about 1,000 photos into a number of galleries for a series of books. I have been uploading to galleries using both the flash and bulk up loaders. File sizes are 2-8 MB. The uploads are taking FOREVER. Like five hours for 150 photos. I'm on a Mac Mini, OS 10.9.5, using Safari 7.1. I think I have also tried with Firefox, with no better results. The problem has occurred over a period of a few days. I don't think it should matter, because I have good up and down speeds with the US on other sites, but I'm in Singapore. I want to try your book software, but this upload problem is really a deal breaker.

Any suggestions?

October 30, 2014 05:00 AM
User photo
Al Escudero
AdorPix LLC

David. Can you please try running a traceroute to AdoramaPix and send me the results? I'd like to see where the slowdown is happening.

October 30, 2014 10:38 PM
User photo
David Rosenzweig

How do you want me to send it to you? It appears to die somewhere in NY. Also, FYI, I tried uploading 23 files from iPhoto using your plugin. Took quite a while. When I came back later I discovered that only 12 were in the gallery. By way of comparison, I uploaded the same files to Shutterfly without incident, in about 15 minutes.

October 31, 2014 01:26 AM